Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Holiday Duldrums

Life has been more then a little stressful lately, my wife is struggling with her Meniere's as I talked about in my last post. Besides the vertigo, the meds just make her incredibly tired. And work is crazy for me before the holiday and just the overall stress that comes from the holidays...so stress really just abounds.

So we really haven't been doing much and frankly trying to force it was becoming stressful. You know it not happening and my wife worrying that she needed to (which she didn't). But we had a chat yesterday and decided we needed to go back to a vanilla mode until New Year's. My wife asked "would I be ok with it?" And of course I was we need to take care of us first and the rest will happen when it is the right time. I know she is really disappointed but she will be able to recover and not be stressed about what she is doing or not doing. And I can focus on getting my work crap out of the way. To be clear she is still the boss and in fact was pointing out last night that I was slacking on the laundry.

I know my wife has a lot of plans for New Year's day, she was planning before this happened. So I imagine she will be even more motivated. In the mean time we have a lot of family time carved out and we are going to spend a lot of time on goals for the New Year (personal, career, family, home and FLR).

We were out at dinner last night and we talked about the blog. I think I will post some of our past exploits, like maybe my pre-bachelor party and some other fun times.

1 comment:

  1. Perhaps this is a good thing to help you guys slow down and refocus. I hope you guys have a wonderful holiday. A couple days left of public school for my son which means I take a break homeschooling too! Then I'll be having surgery for my rotator cuff so hopefully that doesn't put a debt in our wlm or play time! I just have to get creative!

    ReplyDelete