Wednesday, November 20, 2013

"You seem to be struggling"

As I said yesterday, I have just been trying to do what is expected of me. Keep my head down and get my chores done. And take care of everything. And let the rest work itself out.
My wife was stuck at work so I ended up dealing with homework and taking care of a lot of the things that she normally handles. When she came home she seemed pretty distant and wasn't talking very much to me.  I had her tea ready but wasn't able to meet her at the door like I normally do because of homework. I didn't get a thank you for all the stuff I just handled, of course I didn't go through it all because I figured it was just expected. In still learning my new place I guess I thought I would get a thank you or something. But looking back I agree I shouldn't have expected it. I should have just been glad I could make things easier since she was late. She ate dinner and we all watched TV.
When we got upstairs, I am not exactly sure what happened but she and our son had some issue. She came out and said you need to deal with him and put him to bed. I just said "ok." She then said she was going to sit in the tub and relax. I watched some tv with the kid and then put him to bed.
I guess you could say I was frustrated. I was trying to be responsive and get everything handled that I was suppose to but she just felt really distant, I guess it was a bad day but she didn't really communicate. Frustrated, I went in to the bathroom and asked to be excused so that I could go play the PS4. She said sure so off I went to try and just relax.
When I got back upstairs we had a quick chat and I sat back to read. About a half hour later, she said that when she was back downstairs she was noting in the Behavior Modification Plan notebook my going downstairs to play video games rather then be available to dry her off, as she wanted, after her tub (she didn't say anything when I asked, I was just suppose to realize I would be needed).  To be honest I hadn't even thought about it. I had been focused on all the tings I had done that were not even noticed. So I guess the punishment will teach me a lesson about mindfulness.
Then she said "You seemed to be struggling with the changes we are working on. So I think we should do the maintenance tonight to help you refocus." I was then told to get undressed. I quickly remember that the punishment implements she likes to use were in the basement. And told her so, figuring I'd be made to run down and get them. Instead she had me grab her hairbrush.
So yeah I got thrashed last night, not as bad as a punishment session but it still sucked. She helped me to remember my place and where I am suppose to be focused.

No comments:

Post a Comment