Monday, November 4, 2013

Household chores

I know a lot of people that blog about FLRs talk about the husband being responsible for doing all of the household chores. I really have no idea how they make that work (unless they are house husbands). Our loves are just too crazy with everything going on.
That doesn't mean that chores are changing. When we started out I was told I needed to make the bed everyday. And then this past weekend, I had to work all weekend so was pretty much trapped at our house (I work from home). Saturday morning she talked about the fact that our laundry was out of control. She started it and then went running around doing things with our son. Since I was stuck at home I decided I should make her life easier and spent time folding clothes and transferring clothes for washer to dryer (I won't start the wash as I generally screw it up). When they came home my wife was blown away and incredibly happy.
Sunday was pretty much more of the same. Me, being stuck at home for work and her taking our son out and doing fun activities. Again, she had started the laundry so I spent time getting all of that taken care of. And she had told me she wanted kielbasa and sauerkraut for dinner so with work I was running around a lot. Because I also needed to straighten up the kitchen and other things. Again she was thrilled at everything that had gotten done. Later in the night we again had a really good discussion about where we were. And she said my dealing with the laundry after she starts it was really really working for her. And to be honest it really worked for me too.
As I said when I started this post I really do not believe we will ever go to me handling all the household chores. To us it is really just unrealistic. But I will say the chores that I have taken over really do something to my mindset, if that makes any sense? As I am doing the chores I am realizing I am doing these things to make my wife's life easier and that it is an act of service and I don't know as my wife said it just really works for me.

2 comments:

  1. I felt very much like you in the early stages of my developing FLR. It's one thing just doing chores, it's quite another being expected to and even made to do some of them. I used to get aroused if Jane ever told me to do something, or even if I were doing the washing up or cleaning the kitchen while she relaxed. Now it has very little arousal factor on me, other than I am just happy to do them while Jane can relax. Of course Jane now expects me to do chores, which is great for making me feel generally submissive and subservient to her.

    I think you'll find that the more you do for your wife, the more often you do it, the more she will come to expect it, and even demand it on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Household chores is somewhat of a contentious topic in our FLR. I do a good deal of the chores, but I don't want to do all of them. I feel very alone if she is not participating in running our household. I think I do far more than average husbands. It drives me nuts when she screws around with Facebook instead of helping me. How connected do you really need to be???

    I told my wife that I fantasized about being a house-husband. She laughed at me, said there was no way I could do that. But the fact of the matter is that I really like getting things done. I'm a "neat freak" that doesn't have time to be a neat freak, which causes stress for me. Ugh.

    Having said that, one of the hottest times I've had serving her went as follows: her girlfriends were meeting at our house for a divorce celebration. I assume there was going to be a lot of male bashing, and all these women were going to get hammered. They wanted to take our large capacity vehicle but my wife was tired and wanted to nap. It so happens that this was when I was locked in chastity, and I felt a driving urge to serve her. I vacuumed her car (which, she really doesn't keep that clean) and washed it while she slept. I still remember the feeling of the chastity device swaying back and forth as I worked hard making her car as clean as possible. When the women began arriving at our home, I made them pre-party cocktails. It was an erotic experience for me, and it heightened the experience that I was "serving" not only my Queen but her friends. I felt like a servant to more than just my wife. It also turned me on that my Queen knew I was locked up, it was our little secret. I had to deal with feeding the kids and I did all the dishes before she returned.

    What was the key in this case? Well, this was a Saturday, which meant (for me) I wasn't working, I had the energy to serve. I can't do that all the time. True, it would have been nice if she "forced" me to do it, but I was really enjoying the thought of making her happy while she was essentially pampered. FLR or not, as spouses, we are supposed to try to make our partner happy.

    ReplyDelete